A B/2 visa is granted to someone who wishes to stay in Israel for only a short time (for a visit, tourism, a business meeting or study in a Hebrew ulpan). A person who enters Israel on a B/2 visa is not allowed to work in the State of Israel.
A B/2 visa is valid for up to three months from the date of issue. The duration of the stay in Israel will be determined by the Border Police. A visitor who wishes to extend his visit may submit an application at one of the regional population administration offices of the Ministry of the Interior.
Please note: A minor will not be given a visa without the written consent of both parents, or his legal guardian(s), signed by an attorney
The visa will be issued by the mission upon provision of the following:
- A passport valid for at least 6 months. The passport must have at least 3 blank pages at the time of application.
- Visa application form, duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- A recent, clear, passport photo (5cm x 5cm) on a white background & high quality paper.
- An Invitation letter from ISRAEL. The letter can only be obtained from an Israeli citizen, an Israeli company or a tour company based in Israel.
- A Letter from an employer or Company. In case of self employment or unemployment, a recommendation letter from a second party or an introduction letter from the applicant will be required.
- An international Travel & Medical Insurance to cover you for the duration of your stay in Israel.
- A bank statement for the past 6 months.
- A return flight itinerary.
- VISA application fee of $23 or KES 2300 + Service charge of $27 or KES 2440 (inclusive of VAT). Mode of payment is either cash (KES/USD) or Mpesa Paybill number: 516833
The consul may request additional documents.
Visa application processing takes 14 working days.
No documents or Photos should be STAPLED or GLUED.
EXCEPTIONS BAHAI CATEGORIES
- Baha’i with a confirmation from the interior-(Hebrew letter); he/she needs only (1) visa application form, (2) the letter from the interior, (3) Photos, (4) no visa fee, (5) Passport (valid 6 months, 3 empty double pages).
- Baha’i without any confirmation, needs to bring all the requirements, just like any other application, and should pay visa fee.
- Baha’i volunteers, needs to bring (1) visa application form (2) a confirmation letter from the Baha’i world center in Israel (3) Photo (4) passport and should pay for the visa. (Please note the letter should mention that all the expenses are taken care of by the center including the insurance).
Since the fee is collected for handling the application, it will not be refunded to the applicant if the visa is not issued for any reason.