What is an E2 Investor Visa?
- E2 is a primary Investor Visa which is granted to investors or business individuals and there is no quota or yearly cap which makes it available unlimitedly. It is a visa that allows you to buy entry into the US without immigration.
- E2 visa is issued for two or five years. Indefinite renewal of E2 can be done as long as the investor’s business is generating funds that are much more than sufficient to support the family of the investor.
- It covers the investor’s spouse and children (below 21 years).
Usage of E2 Investor Visa:
- It is used by people who purchase permits or small businesses in the US
- It is obtained by people who want to retire in the US
- It is obtained by people who invest in real estate
Features of E2 Visas:
- E2 visa-treaty Investors: The treaty investor visa gives permits to citizens of specific countries to reside in the US via an investment in the country. The owner or developer of a new enterprise is from a treaty country having 50% or more ownership in an investment that gives substantial Employment. An investor should personally manage or supervise the investment.
- Can virtually invest in anything or virtually trade anything. The investment money and reserves should be at the total of $100,000 to $200,000 and the candidate must project that the business will be employing at least 3-4 people.
- E2 visa lasts until the investment lasts. The investment funds are to be kept in banks. Closing agents would release the money once the property seller’s visa gets approved. Investors developing their own business must come to US as business visitors to get a business started before applying for the treaty investor visa.
- E2 visas are Non-immigrant Visas: When immigrants apply for this visa and get qualified to apply for green cards and ultimately for citizenship.
- E2 visa holders may work only for themselves or an e-visa enterprise
- E2 visas can get extended as long as e-visa enterprise is operational. It is issued in a five-year increment.
- Children of E2 visa holders need to find another visa status once they turn 21 and the visa expires.
- The dependants and E2 visa holders can study on in the US. E2 visa holders are not subject to international taxation as they can organize their affairs and the visa holders can live in the US any particular amount of time.
For E2 purpose, countries under the Treaties of navigation and commerce with US are:
Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Honduras, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Luxembourg, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Republic of Congo, Romania, Senegal, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Yugoslavia.