One of the easiest ways to migrate to the United States of America is to acquire an EB 5 investor visa. It is something that every business man with an intension to establish a successful venture in the country. This is because this visa will allow an individual to invest in the U.S not as a temporary visitor but a permanent resident.
This is one of the major reasons why this visa is so much in demand among the business men. Going back to its origin, the EB 5 Investor Visa was introduced in the Immigration Act 1990 by the U.S Congress. Although it was introduced that year, it was enacted only two years later i.e in the year 1992.
The details of this visa
Now it is also important to know how the whole thing works. To start with there is a separate quota for the EB 5 Investor Visa Scheme. Under this unique scheme, every 1000 of 3000 are separated for foreign investors alone. This is done in the targeted employment areas. Despite the increase in the number of applicants every year, the cap has never been reached till date.
There is valid reason behind this. The reason is that only the primary applicants are taken into account and not those who accompany them on this visa. If you believe that you have what is required to acquire this visa then don’t waste any time. Contact the experts at Our Company today to understand what you need to about this visa.
- EB-5 Investor Program lets a foreign national to invest $500,000 or more and obtain U.S permanent residency.
- The return on investment (ROI) varies from 2% to 4% as per the nature of the project/business established.
- Investment should be directed towards Targeted Employment Area (TEA) or the Rural Area.
- Business established must create 10 full time jobs for US workers within 2 years or under certain circumstances, within a reasonable time after the two-year period) of the immigrant investor’s admission to the United States as a Conditional Permanent Resident.
- The Investment must be made in a for-profit US commercial entity.
- The fastest way to the U.S Green Card and Citizenship.
- Move and settle in the U.S along with your family.
- No need of a sponsor.
- Live and work anywhere in the entire country.
- No minimum qualification requirements.
- No language requirements.
- No previous business experience requirements.
- Get access to U.S. education and healthcare at U.S residents costs.
- Obtain U.S citizenship after 5 years of stay.
- Own a business.
Investors get their money back with operating profit and also an appreciation profit for the term of their investment.
- Invest an amount of $500,000.
- Furnish proofs as to demonstrate the funds are from legal sources.
- Create a minimum of 10 jobs through investment.
- Invest in a U.S Regional Project in a new commercial enterprise.
The application filing fees is US$1,500.
The EB-5 Visa application can be broken down into the following steps:
- I-526 Petition Approval – Approximately 3-4 months
v I-526 Petition Approval times vary with some Regional Centers taking drastically longer than others. Typical I-526 Visa Petitions take around 3-4 months to process however may take longer for less established Regional Centers. See the Vermont Regional Center for a long established, well operated successful regional center.
v On approval of an I-526 Petition, the investor would then proceed to either the Adjustment of Status or Consular Process stage.
- Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing – Approximately 3-4 months
- On completion of the above steps, the investor would now be able to enter the United States as a Conditional Permanent Resident
- Removal of Conditions – Approximately 3-4 months
v Between 21-24 months after the conditional Green Card has been approved, the investor will apply to remove conditions.
On completion of the Removal of Conditions stage, the investor’s Green Card status is now unconditional on the performance of the EB-5 project used to acquire the Green Card.
- Sign up for evaluation.
- Receive positive evaluation report.
- Apply for US Tourist Visa.
- Visit USA, accompanied by a Our Company staff member, visit the project site.
- Return to India and decide on the project for the investment.
- Transfer the investment amount to a US Escrow account.
- Transfer Processing fee.
- Attorney Files I-526 Petition to USCIS.
- On approval, attend an interview with US consulate to get a conditional Green Card.
- Travel to US with family and establish residency.
- After 21 months, file for removal of conditions on a Green Card.
- Visit USA, Regional Center agent will guide you on the projects for Investment.