|Adults||EUR 60||INR 4,400|
|Minors 0 – 17||EUR 30||INR 2,200|
Detailed VISA Checklist-
VISA INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
In order to ensure your timely arrival in Germany, you should schedule your appointment at the competent German Mission as early as possible. Due to restricted slots and high demand, it may well take several weeks between scheduling and the actual date of your interview at the German Mission.
Choose your university in Germany
- In many Indian cities, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides – free of cost – counseling on universities for students who want to study in Germany. Please note: No VISA queries can be answered by DAAD! Read more
Start with the enrollment process
- For enrollment at the university, you will require certified copies of your academic mark sheets and certificates. You can obtain these certified copies at the German Missions. Please schedule your appointment here
Open your blocked account
- As part of your student visa application, you are required to provide proof of sufficient funds to cover your living costs in Germany. One option to fulfil this requirement is to open a blocked account at a branch of Kotak Mahindra Bank in India. You can also open a blocked account at a bank in Germany, although this usually takes much more time (on average, four to six weeks) and effort than the Kotak Mahindra option.
Prepare required Checklist
- As soon as you have received the admission letter from your German university, please prepare the necessary documentation for your visa application using the following checklist:
- Kindly procure photos which meet biometric photos requirements [pdf, 1,350.34k]
- Please fill out the Application form for National Visa [pdf, 621.91k]print it out, sign it and submit it along with the other documents.
- To complete your documentation, please print out the following declaration and sign it:
Student visa applicants in Kolkata are kindly requested to submit the following filled in Student visa checklist and a Covering letter as per the draft below:
- Checklist to be submitted with Student Visa Application [pdf, 163.07k]
- Covering letter for Student Visa Applicants- Draft [pdf, 46.25k]
- Now you can schedule an appointment for your visa interview at your German Mission.
- Shortly before your appointment, please verify the current exchange rate for your visa fee on this website and obtain the Demand Draft.
- The visa fee has to be paid by Demand Draft at the time of the visa interview.
- Demand Drafts with incorrect amounts will not be accepted. Fees cannot be paid in cash. Please note that the fee is not refundable, even when the visa is rejected.