Average number of current New Delhi processing times and
DIBP service standards
|Visa||Global Service Standard of DIBP||Current Average processing time in New Delhi|
|Visitor – Tourist||1 month||One month*|
|Transit||Three working days||Three working days|
|Medical Treatment||1 month||1 month|
|Visitor – Business||1 month||1 month|
|Students||1 month||1 month|
|Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist)||1 month||Five working days|
|Other Sponsored Temporary Residents||3 months||4-6 weeks|
|Returning Residents||2 weeks||2 weeks|
|New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship||3 months||3 months|
* when a Visitor Visa applicant needs a medical examination, processing times may differ extensively and may last for at least six weeks. More information on situations which require medical examination is given in Health Requirements.
|Global Service Standard of DIBP||Current average processing time in New Delhi|
(subclass 300, 309, 100).
|12 months (subclass 300, 309)Eight months (subclass 100)||12 months
Go to: Family Migration Processing Times for more information.
|Other Family Migration
(subclass 114, 115, 116)
|Cap and Queue
See: Other Family Cap and Queue for most current information
(subclass 101, 102, 445, 117)
|14 months||Six months***|
*** If you intend to bring your child on a visitor visa to Australia, please send us an email on [email protected] as the Child Application is being processed before even sending the Visitor Visa Application, in case the application is almost finalized.
|visa||Global Service Standard of DIBP||Current average processing time in New Delhi|
|Citizenship by descent||1 month||15-20 working days|
More Information on Processing Times
The global service standards affect every visa office in all DIBP’s service delivery network. Additional information is given in Visa Processing Times Service Standards & Citizenship Processing Times Service Standards
The time used to process various applications by the DIBP New Delhi office is represented by the current New Delhi average processing time. This information is usually updated quarterly. Our aim is to surpass global service standards; however, applicants should give enough time for the handling of the visas, paying adequate attention to the global service standards and the information below:
- The service standards are only indicative. Individual cases may take longer or shorter time to process depending on certain factors, personal situations and how complicated each case is.
- The service standards affect visa applications which are lodged with full documentation. Your request might take a longer time than the service standard if all the required documentations were not provided before it was filed.
- Vital information – child visa applications
- It is the responsibility of the Visa Office at The Australian High Commission, New Delhi to ensure that a number of visas issued every financial year i.e. 1 July to 30 June matches with the planning levels put in place by the Government of Australia.
- Potential parents intending to return from Australia to India for childbirth should understand that visa applications will be finalized within 14 months.
- Potential parents should also know that children born to permanent residents in Australia do not need to apply for a child visa as they have full rights to for citizenship in Australia.