The Red-White-Red work immigration scheme will allow you to live and work in Austria. Provided by the Federal Government, the visa aims to facilitate work immigrants and their families based on personal and labour market criteria. Based on a points based system, the Red-White-Red Card is issued for 12 months which allows the immigrants to fixed term settlement and employment by a specified employer.
To be eligible, you must fall under at least one of the mentioned categories:
- Very highly qualified workers
- Skilled workers in shorten occupations
- Other key workers
- Graduated of Austrian universities and college of higher education
- Self-employed key workers
What we provide you is with a probability report of your success in application based on specifics stated by the Federal Government of Austria. Correspondingly, we also provide assistance for filing your application.
Our technical Evaluation report is a graphical illustration of your profile for the country opted by you.
- The Highly Qualified Worker program is a points based scheme that allows you to search for a job in Austria for 6 months duration. You cannot work under this program.
- The RWR card will be issued for 12 months after finding a job which is relevant to your qualifications. This will also allow you to take your spouse and children below 18 years of age. Your spouse can obtain a RWR Card Plus and start working in Austria.
- RWR Card Plus with complete labour market access can be provided after completing at least 10 months with the current employer which further allows you to gain the permanent residency after 5 years of residence status.
- You can get your citizenship after 5 years following your permanent residence status.
In order to qualify for the Job seeker visa you need to score minimum 70 points out of a maximum of 100 points as per the points based on the points criteria i.e. Qualifications & Ability, Relevant Work Experience, Age, Language Skills and Studies in Austria.
The points for the job seeker visa can be claimed as per the below mentioned table.
|Admission criteria for very highly qualified persons||Points|
|Special qualifications and abilities||Maximum of allowable points: 40|
|University graduation in course with four years minimum duration||20|
| in the fields of mathematics, informatics, natural sciences or engineering (the “MINT subjects”)||30|
| PhD or higher graduation
|Last year’s gross salary in a senior management position with a company listed on the stock exchange or a company for whose activities or field of trade the competent foreign trade office has issued a positive report:
50 000 to 60 000 Euros
60 000 to 70 000 Euros
More than 70 000 Euros
|Research and innovation activity
(patent applications, publications)
|Awards (approved prize winner)||20|
|Work experience (matching the qualification or senior management position)||Maximum of allowable points: 20|
|Work experience (per year)
Six months work experience in Austria
|Language skills||Maximum of allowable points: 10|
|German or English language skills:
elementary use of the language on a basic level or
|German or English language skills:
intensified elementary use of the language
|Age||Maximum of allowable points: 20|
|Up to 35 years
Up to 40 years
Up to 45 years
|Studies in Austria||Maximum of allowable points: 10|
|Second part of the course or half of the required total of ECTS points||5|
|Complete university course (Diplomstudium) or
Bachelor’s and Master’s degree studies in Austria
|Maximum total of allowable points||100|
There is no specific list of eligible occupations for the Austria Job seeker visa.
The major sectors in demand in Austria include
- IT and
- Scientific Research
- Evaluation: 48 hours
- Consultants Application processing: 2-4 Weeks from date of submission of all documents
- Embassy/Consulate Processing time: 3-4 months* from date of Application