All foreign nationals who wish to work in the Federal Republic of Germany have to obtain a visa permit prior to their departure to Germany. The prospects can apply for a temporary visa permit that allows them to stay and search a job in Germany for 6 months.
The applications should be submitted to the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany in your respective countries.
If you get placed during six months stay of yours in Germany then you need to apply for the work visa. However, if you are unable to get a job, in that case, you need to return to your native country.
Things to remember
- The consulates accept only those applications for which prior appointment is taken. It can be done online through the consulate website.
- The applicants can gain access to the visa section of the German consulate only at the time of their appointment, which needs to be taken in advance.
- Every applicant applying for the job seeker visa has to appear personally for the interview at German Consulate.
- On a job seeker visa, you won’t be allowed to join an employment. On getting the employment in Germany you need to change your status from job seeker to a resident permit for employment.
- Applications for Schengen Visa and a resident permit won’t be accepted along with the job seeker visa.
- The fully completed form needs to be submitted along with the supporting documents. All the original documents should be presented at the time of the interview.
- The visa process usually takes 3 months time and hence the applicants should apply accordingly. If in case the visa application is accepted then you need to submit all the supporting documents that will be verified by the consulate.
- All documents should be submitted in original along with the attested translation in English of the same.
- Minimum 15 years of education in the Science, Engineering, Technical or Mathematics stream
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the relevant field of study
- Valid passport with a validity of at least 12 months remaining after the scheduled return.
- Passport should have a minimum of 2 blank pages.
- Copy of the front and the last page of the passport
- 3 passport sized pictures
- Motivation letter from the applicant outlining the details like the purpose of visiting Germany, course of action to get a job in Germany, duration of stay in Germany, career plans if job search in Germany is unsuccessful.
- Documents to support your academic qualifications.
- CV to state your educational and employment details
- Proof of accommodation in Germany
- Document to support your financial status. You need to provide a proof to state how you are going to sustain yourself while in Germany.
* “Verpflichtungserklärung” which is also known as the formal obligation letter, needs to be submitted by the sponsor living in Germany
* Your bank account details.
- Document to support that you are medically insured.
- Proof of personal status in India (marriage certificate, birth certificate of spouse or children, etc)
- Signed declaration on the true and complete information.
Fee & processing time
Apart from the visa fee, the applicant needs to submit an additional amount of 45,000 for the verifications of the documents. The verification process generally takes 12 weeks time.
The applicants need to pay the visa fees and the verification charges separately by demand draft. The form is available for download at the consulate website. The demand drafts should be in favor of the “Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany (Location)”
The demand draft should not be more than two months old.
Visa fee and the charges for the verification of documents are non-refundable in case of rejection of the visa.