Tier 5 (youth Mobility Scheme) Visa

United Kingdom
Work Visas
Time: NA
Fees: NA

Youth Mobility Scheme

The youth mobility scheme is for young people (18 -30) from a limited number of countries and territories who want to come and experience life in the UK. Every year, the UK government allocates a specific number of places for each country and territory.

This is a good visa for young people eager to experience living and working in the UK. The Tier 5 visa allows young people from a limited number of countries entry to live and work in the UK for up to two years. However, there are only a relatively small number of countries whose nationals are eligible to apply for the Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa category; These are detailed below. Your national government will be considered your sponsor during your stay.

Participating countries and territories

You can apply for a UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa if you are between 18 and 30, and are from one of these countries:

Workers from Taiwan, Korea, and Hong Kong must apply for a certificate of sponsorship from their government to apply.


  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • Hong Kong
  • Republic of Korea
  • Taiwan


You can also apply under the scheme if you are aged between 18 and 30, and a:

  • British overseas citizen
  • British overseas territories citizen, or
  • British national (overseas)

In these cases, applicants will not need a sponsor, and there is no limit on the number of places on the scheme.


The Youth mobility Scheme is closed to people who;

  • Have children who they are financially responsible for, or who live with them
  • Have previous travelled to the UK through the scheme, or the old working holiday visa (now closed)

Length of stay

Up to 2 years


Youth Mobility visa applicants must have funds of at least £1890


Leave a Reply